Wondering where to go for drinks this month? We’ve got your next night out covered with new must-try drinks menus and Oktoberfest events, alongside a list of our favourite cocktail bars and speakeasies in Hong Kong.
Whether it’s Hong Kong’s hottest drinking destination, an unmissable happy hour deal or a must-try new drinks menu, you’ll find it all in our ultimate guide to where to drink in Hong Kong. This month, plan your Oktoberfest stops, savour new cocktail menus inspired by Hong Kong, bookmark a new happy hour deal and more. Keep scrolling for our pick of the best cocktail bars and speakeasies in Hong Kong.
Read More: Where To Find The Best Happy Hour In Central
New Drinks Menus And Cocktails This October
Informal Affairs, A Rooftop Gin Bar Inspired by the Golden Era of Hong Kong
Ovolo Southside’s partnership with N.I.P Gin brings us Southside’s first rooftop gin pop-up bar overlooking the serene backdrop of Hong Kong’s Southern district. Set like a dai pai dong, the gin-based drinks are the brainchild of Sandeep Kumar, founder of The Wise King and brand ambassador of N.I.P. Gin. Informal Affairs’s pop-up will last until the end of the year.
Ladies Who Pink, Drinks For Breast Cancer Awareness At The Daily Tot
Not one, not two, but a total of eight women stirring things up in the drinks industry and beyond. Join The Daily Tot’s “Fight Like A Girl” guest shift on Thursday, 26 October for more than just rum-based cocktails!
Sunset Wine Rally, An Al Fresco Wine & Dine Fiesta At The Repulse Bay
For one night only, Seaview Terrace and The Marquee at The Repulse Bay is here to entice the wine aficionados. For $798 (and 10% service charge), fill your glass with unlimited wine from more than 60 Old and New World vintages – but don’t worry; it’s not just wine for dinner, expect plates of Tomahawk steak, homemade signature satays, a heaped dessert buffet and more!
Book a table here.
The Social Den’s Canto-Polynesian Cocktail Menu
A Polynesian bar with a local twist, the new cocktail menu at The Social Den is a breath of fresh air – each concoction thoughtfully put together and inspired by summer (well, it’s still hot in Hong Kong so why not!). Think Watermelon Margarita with hints of sesame soy sauce, drinks inspired by New Zealand’s kiwi sushi roll and more, intriguing we know!
The Dispensary’s Herbal Cocktail Menu
Launching in late October, The Dispensary’s new line-up of cocktails almost double as Traditional Chinese Medicine – almost! Infused with different Chinese herbs, like Martini with medicinal mint spirit from Ricqles and more, Creative Bar Director Lorenzo Coppola’s new menu is not to be missed.
Where To Go For Oktoberfest In Hong Kong
- Oktoberfest At BaseHall – Going on its third consecutive Oktoberfest, BaseHall will be transformed into a vibrant Bavarian beer tent, offering guests an authentic Oktoberfest experience right in the heart of Hong Kong. Secure a ticket here.
- Central Market Oktoberfest – Featuring a Bavarian beer garden, the return of German band Die Notenhobler, renowned beer brands, beer games and more. www.centralmarket.hk (until Tuesday, 31 October, 2023)
- Tong Chong Street Beer Festival – 70+ different beer flavours and social games with four-hours free flow! Get a ticket here. (From Thursday, 12 October to Saturday, 14 October, 2023)
- Happy Valley Racecourse – A classic Hong Kong Oktoberfest experience! (Every Wednesday night throughout October)
- Erdinger x Dockyard Oktoberfest – In addition to traditional German wheat beers, the beer festival will also feature a range of limited-edition Oktoberfest delicacies. dockyardhk.com (until Tuesday, 31 October, 2023)